Stationary Box with Close to My Heart Collage Cubes

First, I have to thank of Gerriann Armstrong of Scrapbooking & Stamping Creations for this fabulous idea. Her video was great on how to put this awesome gift idea together. Here is the final my product:


I used these Close to My Heart Products:

  • Art Philosophy Cartridge
  • Dotty for You paper
  • Sweet Leaf Cardstock
  • Lagoon Ink
  • Cocoa Cardstock
Supplies:

  1. Box from CTMH Collage Cubes
  2. 2 pieces of cardstock
  3. 2 pieces of chipboard cut to 9x9
  4. Ink
  5. Modge Podge or other adhesive
  6. Misc. supplies to decorate the top of the box.

Cut the cardstock approximately 1/2" larger than your chipboard and wrap the cardstock around your chipboard:


You will do this twice.

After that I chose to cover my cardstock with patterned paper (even though most of it will be covered with the box I wanted a finished look.



At this point I inked my collage cube box so it was not a bright white. I used Lagoon Ink:





Now it is time to adhere your bottom piece of covered chipboard to the box. I used both glue dots and Modge Podge to make sure it would not come off.

Before adhering the top of you box you will want to make a hinge to for your box I forgot to photograph this step, but I took an approximately 1 1/2" x 7" piece of the chipboard and covered it with matching patterned paper and adhere it to the back of the box  base. I then put some glue dots on the top of the hinge and placed the lid over it and pressed.




There are many different ways you can cover the inside of the box. In Gerriann's video she created many different "holders" for cards, envelopes and a pen. I chose to make a slot for cards and a pen:


Now your box is complete and you just have to decorate the top and fill it!

Enjoy and if you create a stationary box I would love to see a picture of it.

Comments

  1. AWESOME!!!! What a great use for that cube box (mine's just sitting there...)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stella by Stripology Quilt

July Art Philosophy Blog Hop

" THE ARTISTE IN 3D BLOG HOP"