Random Cards of Kindness

For those who have followed my blog for awhile, well since January when I started it, you know that one of my New Year's Resolutions was to strengthen my friendships with more personal touches. Unfortunately in the day of e-mail and Facebook, remembering to send a birthday card, thank you card or just because hard gets lost.  I believe I have successfully hit all my friend's birthdays (for those who I socialize with regularly and have mailing addresses for) so far with handmade birthday cards (if I forgot you it is not because I don't care about you, it is just I was not organized enough this year but promise to do better next year). However, I have not been as good at sending out just because cards. I believe in the last 5 months I have sent out exactly one! That is about to change though.

Today is June 3rd and every week now for the next 3 months I am going to send a card out to someone either just because, get well, thinking of you, thanks for being a good friend, etc. I will still do my birthday cards, but think it is important to nurture friendships and not take anything for granted.

"Friendships are fragile things, and require as much handling as any other fragile and precious thing." by Randolph S. Bourne should remind us all to reach out and remind our friend's how much we enjoy their friendship.

I encourage you to reach out to some of your friend's this summer and make sure they know how much you appreciate their friendship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July Art Philosophy Blog Hop

Stella by Stripology Quilt

" THE ARTISTE IN 3D BLOG HOP"