New Year Resolutions

I cannot believe June is almost here. I decided since we are 5 months into 2011 it would be a good time to look back at my New Year's Resolutions and see how I am doing. I can tell without looking, not so good!

I did start a blog, but since I am not accomplishing a lot it has not been updated in awhile. Which leads to controlling my Crafter's ADD, which is still out of control. I have had the same picnic blanket on my quilt design wall for 3 months now, have a table runner that just needs the binding sewn on, still 18 months behind on our family scrapbook and am prepping for card classes up until people arrive and I still have not started summer decorations for the house.

Every year many of us put working out/loosing weight or the like on our list. This is one think I have actually accomplished. Thanks to a fabulous Zumba/TRX instructor I have been working out regularly since March and fit into shorts that have not seen the light of day since before Simon was born!

Other personal resolutions I had were to spend more time nurturing my friendships, find something that I enjoy doing that helps me grow as an individual, more girl's night outs and have more date nights with my fabulous husband. I have seriously failed at all of these things. However, that stops today!

I am going to spend less time on Facebook/Internet, more time calling friends and finding out how they are doing, scheduling more play dates, join a bible study and definitely plan some fun summer date nights for my husband.

One thing that I have done that was not a New Year's resolution was I began teaching card classes and sharing my passion for paper crafting and sending out personal touches to people. My classes have been fun and successful so this month I decided to join Close to My Heart to continue sharing my passion for paper crafting. A good side benefit of this is I will be forced to quit procrastinating and may actually get caught up on our family scrapbook's since I will need to show you all the fabulous ways to use Close To My Heart products.

Stay tuned to see how I do the next six months at meeting my resolutions and for some great blog candy.

Comments

  1. You go, girl! Proud of you! I know you'll knock out these resolutions. At least you made some - I didn't even think about it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stella by Stripology Quilt

July Art Philosophy Blog Hop

" THE ARTISTE IN 3D BLOG HOP"